Forum » ***Classic Cars*** » Classic Cars How To's » t going to lie. Its really hard

t going to lie. Its really hard

导出博客文章ST. Austin Corbett Jersey . LOUIS -- Adam Wainwrights day started as badly as it could but ended up just fine. Wainwright gave up Junior Lakes homer on his first pitch and allowed six more hits and three runs after that. But he saved a tired bullpen by sticking around for seven innings Saturday and leading the St. Louis Cardinals to a 10-4 win over the Chicago Cubs. It was hardly a vintage performance by Wainwright (2-1), who struck out eight and helped his own cause with an RBI single. The four runs were twice as many as he yielded in his first two starts. "It was OK," said Wainwright, who led the majors with 241 2-3 innings pitched last year. "I think because our offence was so great, I did what they needed me to do, just go a little later in the game and give the bullpen guys some rest." St. Louis relievers Carlos Martinez, Kevin Siegrist and Trevor Rosenthal all threw more than 20 pitches in Friday nights 11-inning loss. "We needed that," manager Mike Matheny said about Wainwrights outing. "There were a couple of guys we were wanting to stay away from, for sure." In hindsight, Wainwright said there were only a few pitches he wanted back -- including his first one. "Hes an aggressive hitter," Wainwright said. "I should have known he was going to be swinging there. Thats OK to throw a fastball when you know theyre swinging, but youve just got to locate your heater." The win was Wainwrights 101st with the Cardinals, tying Matt Morris, Larry Jackson and Max Lanier for 10th place on the franchise list. Matt Adams homered and Matt Carpenter drove in two runs for the Cardinals. Daniel Descalso also had two hits with an RBI and two runs scored. Adams hit his first home run of the season, a leadoff shot in the second inning, and Jon Jay drove in two runs with a single. "It was nice to get some runs, especially for Adam and let him do his thing," Matheny said. "We took some good at-bats right from the top." The Cubs Nate Schierholtz, who had four hits Friday night, had two doubles and an RBI. "We did some good things, especially against Wainwright, who is an excellent pitcher," Chicago manager Rick Renteria said. "We just didnt do enough." St. Louis did most of its damage against starter Carlos Villanueva (1-3), who allowed nine runs and 10 hits in three innings. "I didnt feel bad," Villanueva said. "I felt like I had good stuff. But theyre a good team and they got me out of there quickly." After Adams homer tied the game at 1, the Cardinals sent eight more batters to the plate in the second. Yadier Molina and Allen Craig followed with singles, and they came home on RBI singles by Descalso and Wainwright. Carpenter then drove home Descalso with an infield single to shortstop that made it 4-1. St. Louis sent 10 more hitters to the plate in the fourth inning and broke it open by scoring five times. Descalso started the inning with a double and was safe at third on Wainwrights sacrifice, with Wainwright reaching first on the fielders choice. Carpenter and Kolten Wong followed with RBI singles and Matt Holliday had an RBI groundout. Jays single off reliever Chris Rusin with two outs made it 9-2. NOTES: Renteria had a successful replay challenge in the third inning of first base umpire Jerry Laynes call on Jays grounder to shortstop Starlin Castro. Layne had called Jay safe at first, but after reviewing the play, Jay was ruled out. ... St. Louis SS Jhonny Peralta, who has two hits in his first 32 at-bats for the lowest batting average among all qualifiers (.063), was given the day off. ... Castro, who had two hits, has hit safely in eight of his last nine games. ... Former Cardinal Edwin Jackson (0-0) will take the mound for the Cubs in the series finale Sunday against Michael Wacha (1-0). ... Craig was 1 for 12 on the homestand and hitless in his last eight at-bats before his second-inning single. ... With a victory Sunday, the Cubs can win a series for the first time since taking two of three from the Reds from Sept. 9-11 last season. Chicago has dropped eight straight series since. Nick Chubb Browns Jersey . Even if he is shooting 38 per cent from the field overall this season, the Utah Jazz rookie always feels like his final shot is going in. Baker Mayfield Browns Jersey . - A Tuesday funeral is planned in Toronto for 20-year-old Saginaw Spirit forward Terry Trafford.The only Canadian woman to achieve a world top-10 ranking in tennis is watching Eugenie Bouchards run at Wimbledon with great interest. Carling Bassett-Seguso was a world No. 8 almost 30 years ago. Currently 13th, Bouchard is assured of equalling that when the next rankings are released Monday. The 20-year-old from Westmount, Que., became the first Canadian woman to reach Wimbledons semifinals with a 6-3, 6-4 win over ninth-seeded Angelique Kerber of Germany on Wednesday. "Im telling you shes going to number one," Bassett-Seguso told The Canadian Press. "I watched her play. I dont watch too much womens tennis to be honest with you. I watched that match and I was just blown away. "She just takes the ball so aggressively. Her composure, I cant even believe shes 20. Her shot selection, her timing is impeccable. She really takes the ball early. If you look at her statistics, she hits more winners than errors." A victory over third-seeded Simona Halep of Romania in Thursdays semifinal can push Bouchards ranking higher than eighth and set a new pinnacle in Canadian womens tennis. Bassett-Seguso intends to be watching from her home in Bradenton, Fla., as Bouchard attempts to make more Canadian tennis history. "It gives me great interest to watch now," the 46-year-old said. "She has such great potential. "I love Wimbledon. I look at it and say they hit the ball way harder than I did. Its a totally different game now. Whats exciting is she can hit a lot of other shots too. I like to see the creativity too." Bouchard also reached the semifinals of this years French Open and Australian Open. Canadas Federation Cup captain Sylvain Bruneau agrees with the Bassett-Segusos assessment of Bouchards potential. "Can she be No. 1 one day? I wouldnt dare to put any limits on Eugenie," he said. "With three semifinals at 20 years old and the type of tennis she plays, I dont think there is a limit. "I think she can aim for big things in tennis. No. 1 in the world is something that is very possible. Right now, shes playing great tennis." These are heady days in Canadian tennis. Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., also earned his first Grand Slam semifinal berth Wednesday with a 6-7, 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) win over Australias Nick Kyrgios. BBassett-Seguso, who blazed her own tennis trail in the 1980s, is enjoying it from afar. Darren Fells Browns Jersey. "For me, its great," she said. "Theres a big interest and I think its going to be such a great asset to Canadian tennis itself, on the mens side too." Torontos Bassett-Seguso turned pro at 15 in 1983 when there were no age minimums to play on tour. She reached No. 8 in the world two years later. She was a semifinalist at the U.S. Open in 1984 when she lost to Chris Evert. She also reached the quarter-finals of the Australian and French Opens during her career. She married U.S. tennis player Robert Seguso in 1987. The couple once ran a tennis academy in Florida, but are no longer involved in the sport. They have five children ranging in age from two to 26. The blonde, photogenic Bassett-Seguso became a Canadian celebrity with the nickname "Darling Carling." The teenager worked for the Ford Modelling Agency. She acted in the teen movie "Spring Fever", as well as a television episode of "The Littlest Hobo." The success came with pressure, however. Bassett-Seguso struggled with an eating disorder during her career. She lost some of her passion for the game after the death of her father John in 1986 from cancer, although she continued to play on tour until 1990. Bouchard, also tall and blonde, is likewise attracting her share of attention, and endorsements, as her career soars. She has a significant following on social media and her fan club is "Genies Army." But joining the worlds top 10 players requires unwavering commitment to the sport, Bassett-Seguso said. Tennis is a world sport with 145 countries as members of the International Tennis Federation. "Its hard. Im not going to lie. Its really hard," Bassett-Seguso said. "I dont think anything is too hard if you want something bad enough and you have a plan and you have the right people around you and you know what has to go into it. "Youre going to fall (in the rankings) at times and thats where you have to constantly believe in yourself and take baby steps. You have to stay focused. Tennis has to be your whole life. It has to be." --- Canadian Press sports reporter Bill Beacon contributed to this story. Follow @DLSpencer10 on Twitter. Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Blue Jackets Jerseys Cheap Hurricanes Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Red Wings Jerseys Cheap Sabres Jerseys Cheap Bruins Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys ' ' '
      September 26, 2018 8:50 PM PDT

What's New