Forum » ***Street Cars*** » Street Cars Quesions and Answers » But as I talked to Travis this morni

But as I talked to Travis this morni

导出博客文章SHENZHEN, China -- Alexander Levy of France shot a career-best 10-under 62 to open a four-shot lead after the second round of the China Open on Friday. Authentic Theo Riddick Jersey . Henrik Stenson tried to keep alive his chances of taking over the No. 1 world ranking with a 70 to sit at 3 under overall, 11 shots behind Levy. The Swede can nudge Tiger Woods out of the top spot with a win here. Levy, whose best finish on the European Tour was third place at last years BMW International Open, sunk a 20-foot eagle putt on the ninth hole to cap a front-nine 30. He then birdied four more times on the back nine to finish at 14-under 130, four shots clear of Spaniard Adrian Otaegui in second. "I played unbelievably," Levy said. "I shot 63 at Kingsbarns during the Dunhill Links in Scotland last year, but this course is a lot tougher and I am only starting to realize how good that score is." Ian Poulter, meanwhile, saw a promising round fall apart on a disastrous par-5 13th hole where he was assessed a two-stroke penalty for playing from the wrong spot after hitting into dense foliage and incorrectly measuring his own drop. He took a triple-bogey and ended up with a 74, still good enough to make the cut. The cut was at par, which U.S. PGA Championship winner Jason Dufner barely made after shooting a 71. The 15-year-old Chinese amateur Guan Tianlang, however, was sent home after a 76. Hes only made one cut on the U.S. PGA and European Tours after his sensational debut at the Masters last year, when he became the youngest player to complete 72 holes. Levy began his climb up the leaderboard in the Thursday twilight when most golfers were already in the clubhouse or long gone. Playing in one of the last groups, the Frenchman was tied for the lead but bogeyed the eighth hole in the faltering light before play was finally suspended. "It was tough because it was dark and I made some bogey and I wasnt happy in my bed last night," he said. "I just focused on finishing the first round well this morning and continuing this afternoon." Levy was a newcomer to the tour -- he gained his playing card only last year -- but hes been in these types of high-pressure situations before. He had a share of the lead with Ernie Els heading into the final round of the BMW International Open, but faltered with four bogeys in Sundays opening nine holes. He said hes been inspired by the recent performance of his good friend and fellow Frenchman, Victor Dubuisson, who held off Tiger Woods, Stenson and Poulter to win his first European Tour title at the Turkish Airlines Open in November. "What he has done over the past few months has been amazing and it has really had an effect on all the French players, so hopefully I can try to emulate that," Levy said. If he stumbles, Stenson is close enough to make a move. The No. 3-ranked Swede is on the mend after coming down with the flu this week, which prevented him from practicing before Thursdays opening round. He said he felt better that night but then woke up on Friday weak and tired again. Still, he believes hes playing well enough to challenge the leaders this weekend. "I made six birdies out there today and missed a few good opportunities to make more," he said. "But then I threw a silly double in there and a few bogeys as well so I need to cut that out." Poulter was upset with himself, as well, after his mistake on the 13th. He measured two club-lengths for his first drop from the foliage, but that landed on a cart path, requiring a second drop. He measured two club-lengths again but should have just taken one. "We make mistakes, I guess, and that was a fun one," he said. "Guess I need to get the rulesbook back out and start chewing it." Dufner is happy just to be sticking around for the weekend after curling in a 15-footer for birdie on No. 6 and scrambling to make par on No. 9, his final hole. "Its been a struggle all year for me, so far, with scoring," he said. "Luckily I play a lot of the tougher events so you dont have to shoot a lot of low scores, but guys are shooting pretty good scores out here." Authentic Nick Bawden Jersey . LOUIS -- When Braves second baseman Tyler Pastornicky backpedaled into shallow right field to catch the popup and Jason Heyward didnt arrive fast enough to take charge, Kolten Wong got the green light. Cheap Lions Jerseys . -- Howie Kendrick had a two-run single in his first game batting leadoff this season, Chris Iannetta hit a pair of RBI singles and the Los Angeles Angels beat Cleveland 6-4 Tuesday night, sending the Indians to their fifth straight defeat.SAN DIEGO -- Padres manager Bud Black had been waiting for his hitters to come around. With an early crack at the New York bullpen, thats exactly what they did. Will Venable had four hits and San Diego got home runs from Nick Hundley and Jedd Gyorko in an 8-2 victory over the Mets on Saturday night. Mets starter Jenrry Mejia left early with discomfort in his surgically repaired elbow, and the Padres took advantage when New Yorks relief corps was pressed into service. San Diego finished with 15 hits in snapping a three-game losing streak. "The bats woke up a little bit," Black said. Edinson Volquez (9-10) worked five innings for the win and Venable extended his career-high hitting streak to 14 games, the longest active run in the National League. "Im just trying to keep my rhythm and swing at strikes," he said. Volquez earned his first career victory against the Mets despite reaching 100 pitches in five innings. "I had a couple of long innings and my pitch count got high," he said. "But the best part was the win after losing three. Everyone can go home happy." Mets catcher Travis dArnaud, a highly touted prospect acquired in the R.A. Dickey trade last off-season, went 0 for 2 with two walks in his major league debut. The Padres stole three bases against dArnaud and he allowed a passed ball. Mejia exited in the fourth after throwing two balls to Logan Forsythe. The right-hander, who had Tommy John surgery in 2011, walked off the mound and was met by manager Terry Collins. Mejia has been pitching with a bone spur, and it had been determined that he would undergo off-season surgery. "We knew that there was a time when it might come back," Collins said. Mejia was replaced by David Aardsma, and moments later the Padres broke a 1-all tie. Forsythe singled off Aardsma (2-2) and scored on Hundleys two-run homer to left field. It was Hundleys second hit in his first game back after spending two days on the paternity list. "Thats the best moment of my career by far," Hundley said of his career-high 10th homer. "I couldnt stop smiling. I thought about my daughter and got a little emotional on the bench." The Padres stretched their lead to 4-1 when Alexi Amaristas sharp single scored Venable after he doubled down the right-field line. The Mets cut it to 4-2 on Wilmer Flores RBI double in the fifth. TThe Padres pushed it back to 5-2 on Jesus Guzmans RBI single in the bottom half. Authentic Nevin Lawson Jersey. Gyorko added a three-run homer in the eighth. Venable singled in his first at-bat and stole second. Amarista moved Venable to third with a groundout and, when Yonder Alonso walked, the Padres had runners on the corners. Mejia retired Gyorko, but Chris Denorfia followed with a run-scoring single. San Diegos 1-0 lead was in jeopardy in the second, when the Mets loaded the bases with two outs on walks to dArnaud and Omar Quintanilla and a single by Juan Lagares. Mejia hit a chopper near the plate, with Volquez and Hundley converging on it. Volquez fielded the ball near the first base line and threw across his body to nip Mejia at first. But the Mets tied the game in the third on Daniel Murphys RBI single, which scored Eric Young Jr. after he reached on a bunt and stole second. Now, the Mets will see how Mejias rebuilt elbow responds after he was forced from the game. "It was a matter of pain threshold and it was exceeded apparently (Saturday night), and he had to come out," Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said. "The doctor here took a look at him but at this point its about his symptoms. Obviously severe and we will see where this takes us." NOTES: New York called up dArnaud from Triple-A Las Vegas after starting catcher John Buck went on the paternity list Friday. Both were obtained in the December deal that sent Dickey to the Toronto Blue Jays. ... DArnaud will catch All-Star RHP Matt Harvey on Sunday, a tandem the Mets hope is a foundation for the future. "That certainly will be a challenge for him because Matt is a different animal than those other guys," Collins said. "But as I talked to Travis this morning, I said, Listen, weve got a game plan. Stay with it. Trust it, and obviously have some input if something isnt working." ... Padres C Chris Robinson was optioned to Triple-A Tucson when Hundley was activated. ... Struggling 3B Chase Headley sat out. Headley was 2 for 8 in the series after hitting .160 (4 for 25) on the last road trip. "He hasnt had many days off, so physically its good, and mentally as well," Black said. "The last five, six games he has been going at it pretty hard both ways." ... Padres LHP Eric Stults (8-10, 3.68 ERA) faces Harvey (9-4, 2.23) in Sundays series finale. Cheap Brewers Jerseys Cheap Twins Jerseys Cheap Mets Jerseys Cheap Yankees Jerseys Cheap Athletics Jerseys Cheap Phillies Jerseys Cheap Pirates Jerseys Cheap Padres Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys Cheap Mariners Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Rays Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Nationals Jerseys ' ' '
      August 28, 2018 6:31 PM PDT

What's New